"undef", $arr_79, $arr_80 ), array( 2, false, false, $arr_81 ) ) ); ?> "default", $arr_242, $arr_243 ), array( 2, false, false, $arr_244 ) ) ); ?>
The history if the new exhibition space for the Musei Capitolini in the former Giovanni Montemartini Thermoelectric Centre, an extraordinary example of industrial archaeology converted into a museum, began in 1997 with the transfer of hundreds of sculptures to the new location during the restructuring works carried out across much of the Capitoline complex.
The Montemartini centre was the first public power plant to produce electricity for Rome. It opened at the beginning of the 1900s on the Via Ostiense, between the General Markets and the left bank of the Tiber.
Its history is intertwined with that of the Municipal Electric Company, now Acea, which was created in 1909.
La storia della Centrale Montemartini, da primo impianto comunale di produzione di energia elettrica a museo: focus sui criteri di allestimento delle Sale, dove splendidi capolavori scultorei di età classica dialogano con gli imponenti macchinari industriali.