The Power Plant
Facade of the Machine Hall (2006)
The Montemartini centre was the first public power plant to produce electricity for Rome. It opened at the beginning of the 1900s on the Via Ostiense, between the General Markets and the left bank of the Tiber.
Its history is intertwined with that of the Municipal Electric Company, now Acea, which was created in 1909.